Users Want Video on Social Media
Media Northeast is a video production company based in Maine helping our clients plan video strategies across the various web and social media platforms. We create engaging, targeted, shareable content with our clients.
Statistics show users want video.
Statistics prove video production projects have a powerful effect on social media platforms.
- Video has become the most commonly used format in content marketing, overtaking blogs and infographics, with brand storytelling and promotional videos as the most prevalent video types. (Source: Hubspot).
- Global internet traffic from videos will make up 82% of all consumer internet traffic by 2021. (Source: Cisco)
- The number of businesses using video as a marketing tool in 2020 has increased from 61% to 85% since 2016. (Source: Wyzowl, 2020).
- Tweets with videos see ten times more engagement than those without, and Promoted Tweets with videos save more than 50% on cost-per-engagement. (Source: Twitter)
- On Instagram, video generates more engagement than any other format. (Source: Mention.com)
- LinkedIn users are twenty times more likely to share a video on the platform than any other type of post. (Source: Marketingland)
Social media platforms attract different audience demographics, and their users have diverse expectations about the type of content they expect to find when they open their social media apps. Each platform has a particular set of specifications for length and format, which it’s essential to know. Media Northeast works with our clients to help them understand how best to hit the right tone for their audience on a particular platform.
Engaging your content is specific to a platform and its audience demographic, so consider your social media video content strategy as an ongoing campaign tied to critical events in your business calendar. You will build up an audience that is more likely to interact with and share your content, leading to greater awareness of what you do and ultimately to better sales. Enhance social campaigns with features such as embedded forms or calls to action. These enable you to measure directly how your social video campaign is performing. Last, be sure to leave your audience with a clear call to action at the end of the video to drive them to your website or an offer.
When you’re ready to make video part of your social media marketing strategy, contact Media Northeast to get started.