Video marketing trends for 2020
Animoto, a company that allows you to make impressive videos in minutes, surveyed 500 businesses to come up with these videography statistics proving that video is the king of all social media content:
- 96% of marketers have placed ad spend on video.
- 91% of marketers are satisfied with the ROI of video marketing on social media.
- 93% of brands got a new customer because of a video on social media.
- Facebook is the #1 platform where marketers plan to invest in the next 12 months, followed by YouTube and Instagram.
Interactive Video Content is the King of all Content
And, Quick Sprout, a company committed to growing businesses online, reports that video marketing has been trending upward for years. In 2020, you can predict an increase in video usage on social media, websites, and blogs.
In 2018, we really started seeing video marketing statistics on the rise. Here’s some stats that you might find interesting:
- 82% of Twitter users watch video on this platform
- YouTube has over a billion users— almost one-third of the total number of internet users
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of videos every week on Facebook or YouTube
- More than 500 million hours of videos are viewed on YouTube every day
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than the major U.S. television networks have created over 30 years.
- 87% of online marketers use video content.
In 2019, we saw many top brands implementing video to engage consumers and reach their digital marketing goals.
The wyzowl website notes: “While new, this media has already proven to be very effective; 70% of marketers say interactive video engages audiences ‘well’ or ‘very well,’ and 68% of marketers are convinced it will continue to become a more critical component of modern marketing mixes.”
Your business can use interactive videos for many different purposes:
- Social Media
Interactive Video Trends in 2020
The concept behind interactive videos is to increase engagement. Since there is a higher chance that people will finish watching a 360-degree video, these perform better than regular videos, and you’ll get a better return on your investment.
98% of people in the United States report that 360-degree videos are more engaging than traditional video formats, and this results in more engagement.
And up to 90% of people say content is more enjoyable when viewed with a 360-degree view. This means it should be no surprise that 360-degree videos result in a click-through rate eight times higher than that of videos in a more traditional format.
Last, 70% of marketers say interactive videos have had a positive impact on their businesses. Your prospects are 65% more likely to interact with a 360-degree video.
At Media Northeast, we offer 360-degree interactive tours and high-quality video production work. Our professional crew films throughout New England for all of your corporate marketing needs. Contact us to plan your next videography project.