Maine Winter Videos | Video Production in Winter
Video production in Maine this winter! Yes, please! Media Northeast films throughout the winter season for all types of winter tourism events and businesses. We capture aerials, 360° property tours, and corporate commercials for busy winter businesses from December through March. We love to be out on the slopes, in the woods or high in the air for you.
Winter is a great time to book a video production project. At Media Northeast, we love everything winter from weddings to winter sports commercials. And, let’s face it, everything is more fun on a snowmobile.
Maine offers great outdoor recreation in winter, including cross-country skiing, ice skating, and sledding. Some of the finest skiing in the east is in Maine. Visitors can twirl on the pond at Portland’s Deering Oaks Park or go on for miles on Sebago Lake. For snowmobilers, outdoor adventure centers can outfit you with everything needed for a snowmobile vacation so they can fly through pristine woods in the great outdoors. Need to take the kids out? The hills at local parks in Portland, Maine are tube-ready.
It may be cold, but that doesn’t mean events aren’t to be had and moments don’t need to be captured, so Media Northeast carries on – just a little better prepared.
Tips for winter videography
- Stow gear properly and never leave it in a vehicle. When the temperatures drop in the winter, don’t leave your gear in the trunk of your vehicle and think it is safe from the cold.
- Do your best to manage your timing to avoid long exposure outside.
- Cold weather drains batteries fast. Charge up and bring extras!
- Put safety first for the crew, cameras, talent, and clients while out on location. Watch for ice or deep snow that can mask a drop.
- Try to keep your equipment as dry as possible.